Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Most Delightful Safari into the Capital

Yesterday, our Honors English class visited Washington D. C. for the day. We went to the Folger Theater where we saw Bill's Buddies, an acting troupe. They performed a medley of Shakespeare scenes and taught us about them. We heard about how Shakespeare still relates to modern life in his plays and how we could understand them better. While I am pretty comfortable reading Shakespeare, I will now be reading his plays out loud more often, so that I can hear the way his writing creates sound and emotion. My favorite part of the show was probably the fight scene from Hamlet, for after Much Ado About Nothing, Hamlet is my favorite play of Shakespeare's. They were very talented actors and I enjoyed seeing their interpretation of the plays. I had a lot of fun and recommend this trip highly, though I would have liked to stay longer in D.C. considering the length of the trip there and back.
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment