Monday, February 14, 2011

Traveling In Spirit and Mind

If there is any place in the United States that I would love to go to, and have not already been it would be Boston. I would fly into Boston Logan International Airport and then take a taxi into the downtown area, where I would most likely be staying. I would visit many historical sites, especially the shipyards. I might even take the Freedom Trail a historical tour of the city. I would visit some of the places featured in my favorite book series, Bloody Jack by L.A. Meyer. I would visit Fenway Park and see a game, then go the the Museum of Fine Arts. I believe I would spend some of my free time in the cafes and the Common, if it was not raining or snowing. If I visited in the summer I would need to pack an umbrella along with shorts and tank tops because it is humid and often rainy. In the winter I would need lots of snow gear to go along with warm clothing, for they get a lot of snow. It would probably  be best to go during the spring or fall when it is more mild. If i went then I would also take my historical outfits and maybe dress up before going out to learn more of the history.
I expect that I would love Boston. I would like all the small independent bookstores, coffeehouses, restaurants, and shops. Furthermore, I get caught up in the excitement of going to place where so much has happened and where history was made. There are so many prominent historical sites and museums that I don't think I would ever run out of places to go.
Source: http://www.cityofboston.gov
Here is the Boston Harbor, the reason that Boston is known as a seaport.
This picture illustrates some of the historic places to visit.
This is a part of the Common, the oldest public park in the U.S.

2 comments:

  1. Madison,
    Excellent blog posts and images. Your travel and dream posts are my favorites! You have a very energetic tone in your writing, and it makes the reader want to get involved. You could use a little more info in your Into the Wild intro. and you need to work on proofreading a little more for comma use. Otherwise, thank you for everything.
    95/100 A+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madison-
    I think Boston would be a very exiting place to visit, good choice! It is a city full of history and wonderful this to discover. I love how descriptive you are in your writing, I can really paint a picture in my mind to where you are going. Good job!

    ReplyDelete