Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Halfway Done!

I've had so much fun as a freshman at JC. Midterms are now over and we are starting semester 2 and quarter 3. In English class, we are still doing awesome stuff. We are finishing up reading A Midsummers Night's Dream and will soon start the book Into the Wild. I now am taking Intro to Drawing in school and it seems like it will be a super class. I've come to understand that midterms at JC are not hard if you manage your time and pay attention in class. Also, I find that I constantly enjoy classes that teach me life skills and make me feel like I am truly learning something important. these classes include English and AP Human Geography. I do not think that I have changed much as a person since the beginning of the year, but I have started to think more about my beliefs and test them against my morals. In this way I have learned more about myself and my identity.
I've also been reading a lot out of school. I read Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison recently and loved it. It was even better than her other book Taken by Storm, which was very well written. I highly recommend this book, but beware that it is extremely sad. On the other hand I read Airhead and Being Nikki by Meg Cabot and I can't wait to grab the third book in the series, Runaway, from the library. Some readers brush Meg off as just being a chick lit writer and her books are often compared to such as that of the Gossip Girl series, but she should not be underestimated so. Her writing has substance and the plots are strong and good. Plus, her books are always funny and have very original ideas. One of the other books I read and recommend is Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken, which was a great fantasy book, though admittedly not all that memorable. It reminded me slightly of a toned down Kristin Cashore book. Next I think I'll read Salvaged by Stefne Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment