Sunday, January 30, 2011

Deep in Dreamland

I recently had a very intense dream, which was nice since lately all my dreams have been light and shadowy. Unfortunately, I lost some of the details in waking up and recording the dream. I still do remember the basic gist of the dream though. I had been walking through a field, singing. As I walked and sang though I was transported through places. It was not as if I was actually walking from place to place but as if they zoomed by me. Somehow this was all connected to my singing. At first, I was walking through the field, then a waterfall, an empty artist's studio, a still forest, a house at Christmas, an old soda fountain, etc. All these places I visited in the beginning were pleasant and happy and made me content. But as I went on they got worse. I reached places that were not particularly bad, yet the people and things there were not happy or satisfied. Lastly, I reached the places that were awful. People starving, kids crying, fights, death, war, and destruction were in these last places. The end of the dream seemed to go on and on forever, much longer than the happier portion of my dream journey. And when it seemed that I could not bear to go on, I did. I walked and walked and sang and sang. My voice was not light and strong anymore, it was hoarse and barely a whisper. My feet dragged. But I did not stop. I couldn't. There was something that stopped me from relenting and kept me going. And somehow I woke up much later. I do not know what caused me to wake up or how the dream ended except that I couldn't keep walking and singing in the dream. I literally could not, but something or someone forced me to go on.

What pieces of my dream might have meant.
walking--To dream that you are walking with ease, signifies a slow, but steady progress toward your goals. You are moving through life in a confident manner. Consider your destination.
To dream that you have difficulties walking, indicates that you are reluctant and hesitant in proceeding forward in some situation. You may also be trying to distance yourself from certain life experiences.  The difficulty in walking is a reflection of your current situation and the obstacles that you are experiencing.
singing--To sing in your dream, represents happiness, harmony and joy in some situation or relationship. You are uplifting others with your positive attitude and cheerful disposition. Singing is a way to celebrate, communicate, embrace and express your feelings.


interpretation bits from dreammoods.com

No comments:

Post a Comment